Our new venture, 415, is a great example of what we can do for both businesses and consumers. It aims to please nightlife lovers who want to discover the best parties, buy tickets socially and at any time. It is also a system for event organisers to manage all aspects of their gigs in a next-level environment.
In this role you will be:
- writing code for the Ruby back-end;
- building parts of the frond-end that work on top of the back-end;
- collaborating with the rest of the team: designers and developers alike;
- reviewing Pull Requests from your colleagues;
- improving the existing code base;
- continuously learning and growing as a developer.
- have experience with Ruby;
- have experience with Rails;
- are comfortable working on the command line;
- have experience with databases (we use PostgreSQL);
- have experience with Git;
- have experience with TDD and/or BDD;
- strive towards great quality in your code and the product itself.
It would be great if you have:
- experience with other Ruby frameworks (such as Lotus and Sinatra);
- experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Neo4j, MongoDB);
- experience using and building RESTful APIs;
- made some contributions to Open Source projects
- experience with one or more front-end frameworks (Ember.js, React.js, Backbone.js, etc.)
We offer a full time (40 hrs) employment contract for 12 months with a one month notice period, 25 holidays (on top of the official national holidays) and a competitive wage. Our office is based in the Amsterdam Houthavens and has a stunning view of the IJ river. Your approximately fifteen colleagues are young and originate from various countries. We have an informal company culture and close communication channels.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? Are you interested in an awesome job at a young and lively company? If so, please send your resume and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org